Imagine a religion…
Different beliefs - One faith
Chalice UU Congregation
2324 Miller Ave.
Escondido, California, USA
Chalice Social Justice
|Chalice at “Pride at the Beach”.|
- To inform and enrich the Congregation,
- To speak for the voiceless,
- To work for global harmony,
- And to stand for justice and love:
- Transforming beliefs into action.
Current Goals and achievements:
- Established a policy that discourages the use of plastic water bottles at Chalice-related activities and events.
Expand volunteer opportunities in surrounding communities and directly involve more congregation members:
report new opportunities at Interfaith Community Services (ICS) opportunities including volunteer opportunities for pre-teens and teens.
Work with Center for Community Solutions (CCS) to provide monthly donations that provide for their clients’ unique needs.
- Broaden awareness of climate change issues and coordinate activities with organizations such as 350.org
- Continue to support the following activities and groups:
- Bring more of the Green Sanctuary Program to Chalice
Goals for next fiscal year:
|Chalice members participated in social activism in San Diego County.|
- Continue with the current programs
- Research and implement a fair trade coffee and tea program at Chalice as proposed in the UU Service Community Ethical Eating program
- Implement a program recommended at the General Assembly Justice Conference on Immigration Issues.